Peakhurst Heights

  • Suburb:Peakhurst Heights
  • Postcode:2210
  • Population:2322
  • Municipality:Hurstville City Council
Peakhurst heights, is a suburb set on the hills with expansive views of surrounding areas. Peakhurst was named after landholder John Robert Peake. The area was originally part of a land grant to Captain John Townson. John Robert Peake bought 10 acres (40,000m2) of land from William Hebblewhite in 1838. Peake donated land for the first Methodist church built in 1856. School Inspector Huffer suggested that Peake's name be used when the public school was founded in 1871 and it was later adopted by the suburb. The post office opened in 1885.Peakhurst Heights was a locality in the suburb of Peakhurst, until it was recognised as a separate suburb in 1995.

Peakhurst Heights has various transportation on offer including a bus root and a city rail train station 'Peakhurst'. Peakhurst Heights offers schools, such as; Peakhurst south public school, Georges River College Peakhurst Campus, Peakhurst Public School and Peakhurst West Public School.

Shopping within the area of Peakhurst is located around Peakhurst South public school; where a newsagent, baker, butcher and convenient store are all available for the residents of Peakhurst Heights. Other shopping facilities. restaurants and a local IGA are located on forest road  for the convenience of residents of Peakhurst heights.